With 40% of people spending more time socializing online than they do face-to-face, staying current on social media trends and statistics are critical tools for planning a blogger or business’s 2013 and 2014 social media strategy.
- 27% of total U.S. internet time is spent on social networking sites.
- Social media produces almost double the marketing leads of trade shows, telemarketing, direct mail, or PPC.
- Social media lead conversion rates are 13% higher than the average lead conversion rate.
- While 76% of marketers believe “they know what their consumers want” in terms of social media content and interaction, only 34% have actually asked those buyers.
- Approximately 46% of online users count on social media when making a purchase decision
- 25% of consumers who complain about products on Facebook or Twitter expect a response within 1 hour.
- 71% of social media users say that they are more likely to purchase from a brand they are connected with.
Coupons & Discounts
- 80% of people prefer to get coupons, promos, and discounts from brands in social media.
Men Versus Women
- Women are more likely than men to regularly check out a brand’s social page (48% vs. 43%).
- 52% of all marketers have found a customer via Facebook in 2013.
- On Facebook, brand posts get half of their reach within 30 minutes of being posted.
- Companies that generate more than 1,000 Facebook Likes also receive nearly 1,400 website visits a day.
- Two of the biggest user groups on Google+ are college students and software developers.
- 28 percent of U.S. Internet users between the ages of 18 and 29 use Instagram.
- 98 percent of Instagram photos posted by top brands are now shared to Facebook
- Top 10 Instagram hashtags for 2013 #Love #Instagood #Me #Cute #TBt #Photooftheday #Follow #Eyes #Beautiful #Happy
- 60% of LinkedIn users have clicked on an ad.
- 43% of all marketers have found a customer via LinkedIn in 2013.
- Brands have identified that unless their Twitter presence has real-time component, they won’t be relevant
- 67% of Twitter users are more likely to buy brands that they follow.
- 36% of all marketers have found a customer via Twitter in 2013.
- Companies with over 1,000 real Twitter followers generate more than 800 new website visitors a month.
Sources: Hashtagig, Socialtimes, Remcolandia, iModerate Research Technologies, HubSpot, Pew, Socialbakers, Experian, American Express, Ipsos, SocialMediaToday, e-Strategy Trends